One of my big focus areas right now is getting out of debt. I have many school loans (that Pharmacy degree didn’t pay for itself!!). I think one of my biggest issues with money is time. I know it sounds silly but I think they go hand in hand.
Photo by Amy @ pixosphere
So here are my steps to get control of my time and my bank account!!!
1. Take time to budget
2. Use cash whenever possible (I find my spending stays in check much better when I use my cash envelopes)
3. Stop buying so many ebooks (seriously- I love ebooks!! But I have more ebooks than time and money right now!!)
4. Establish a want list and sinking fund (I have big fun plans for the summer meeting up with some gals and I need to set some money aside- also, momma’s gonna need new clothes soon).
5. Re-establish the Snowball a la Dave Ramsey (I feel like I have better control when we have a goal for paying off the school loans and cars, etc)
6. Pay things on time (seems silly, but Max’s preschool payment always sneaks up on us and then we have late fees- just careless on our part- must get a better bill pay system to avoid these unnecessary fees)
7. Meal plan – one of the several ebooks I bought was a budget meal planning paleo guide by Robb Wolf – since I’ve been “flirting with paleo” meal planning is a must- for time and money
8. Don’t let veggies go to waste (it’s a strain on my time and money to throw precious veggies away – hoping meal planning and better time management will help this)
9. Pack my lunch for work (I can really rack up the bill at work picking up things in the cafeteria on the weekends. #7, 8, & 9 all go together.
10. Start my day with quiet time, worship and planning.
Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” So we can confidently say,
“The Lord is my helper;
I will not fear;
what can man do to me?”
I don’t want to become obsessed with money, but I know I have to be a good steward of my time and money and good planning is the only way to accomplish it!!
How about you? Do you have any money and time saving tips?
I’m linking up this post with:
disclaimer: I did link to some things this week- but none are affiliate links- just things I’m really digging right now and want to share!!!