Yup, that’s right. I completed the Whole30. I honestly can’t believe how fast the thirty days went. And I’m so excited to tell you what I learned…
1. I don’t need sugar. I want it in my coffee…but I don’t need it.
2. Planning ahead works wonders for me!! When I actually plan meals ahead of time, I stick to my plan….even at work!!!
3. I lost 10 pounds in these 30 days!!
4. When I stay away from dairy, grains, and sugar- my depression is better!!!
5. I still have problems with sleep, and probably will until I’m done doing shift work.
6. I am a runner!!! Yes, that’s right, I said it. I’ve done 5 weeks of Couch 25K (and sort of enjoy it).
7. I can crossfit too!!!
8. Splurging on day 30 (which was Max’s birthday) I tried some organic gluten free creamer…I immediately felt sick to my stomach from the artificial sweeteners. I’ll be sticking to Stevia and natural sugars…I’m even trying my hand at Paleo pumpkin creamers (recipe soon).
9. The Whole30 Meal planning template (found here) really does work for my meals. Meat, veggies, fat….Yum!!!
So are you wondering what I’ll do now? Me too!!!
I plan on sticking with strict paleo with some splurges (probably stearing clear of gluten, maybe adding some aged cheese in at times). I will continue to do Couch25K and Crossfit WODs. I will be more deliberate about packing my meals for work and eating healthy at home. I will do Whole30 again when I feel the need to reset!! I will experiment with paleo dinner options for my family!!!
I’m linking up with
Do you have any specific questions for me? Feel free to leave them in the comments…I’ll be happy to answer them!!!